2014 Hybrid D4 Division
It has been the ultimate goal of the CFOA to be the best regional competition in tournament paintball. It has also been a top priority to provide players invaluable opportunities and support to continue their rise through the ranks. After receiving feedback from our players, captains, staff, and field owners - the CFOA is pleased to announce the D4 Hybrid division for the 2014 season in addition to the standard D5 division.
The D4 Hybrid division was created to allow previously created teams to stick together, as well as provide D3 players a place to play at the regional level while still keeping the competition at a balanced level. By allowing this unique combination of more-experienced and less-experienced players, players will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience while allowing more advanced players to take a leadership role within their team. By using individual point totals, we believe "home-grown" D4 teams will be every bit as competitive as before while giving a handful of more experienced players the ability to play in the league and hone their skills.
How it works:
- The Hybrid D4 Division will carry a D4 designation in the APPA. Therefore, D3 players on teams participating in this division will not "rank out" of the division by playing in these events.
- The D4 Hybrid division takes into account the varying skill level of players within the same Division.
- In addition to D4 players, rosters can have up to a maximum of 3 D3 players provided that these players' individual ranking points do not exceed 492 points over the D4 maximum threshold.
- For instance an upper-level D3 player with 950 points would take up most of the roster's extra points (950 - 492 (D4 threshold) = 458 of 492 allowed) This would only leave 34 extra points for another D3 player (or 526 points).
- Another example: 3 lower level D3 players (600 points each) could be on the same roster as each one would use 108 points (324 total) of the 492 allowed.
- This point system would potentially allow varying combinations of D3 players on a D4 team while still maintaining a balanced skill-level among teams.
If you have any questions on this new division for 2014, feel free to contact us here.